KEEP THE STREETS EMPTY FOR ME

Driving after dusk and seeing merely five cars in forty minutes (!) must activate the brain-baby maker.

Only a few on their way someplace they have to be or someplace they want to be. Did that mean that everybody else was already there? I am about to make quite an unfortunate division into those happy and unhappy ones on that basis. He who is where they have to be is unhappy; he who is where they want to be is happy. 

But those empty streets beg for explanation. Happiness keeps some people home as they need not to look for it anymore. And the other lot, stricken by lack of happiness, are stranded in the lesser evil of having a place to stay rather than a home. They may have stopped looking. Empty streets, as a result.

Having said this, shouldn’t the happy go out and brag about what they have found? Shouldn’t the unhappy go out and seek their happiness? Perhaps… they are all stranded in some way? And maybe those on their way are running away, in fact? Maybe, those heading someplace they don't want to be should go elsewhere?

I don’t know about them all. I was one of those on the move but I wasn’t running away. I wasn’t in the least bit unhappy though I had not reached my destination by then.

In my case having to go and wanting to go meant exactly the same. I was getting closer to where I was heading. At that time it defined happiness for me. Just drawing nearer.

No comments:

I-WITNESS:

FINAL WORD


Truth is a matter of the imagination.

U.K.L.
Powered By Blogger