A MATTER OF TIME

Driving unleashes thoughts. I was driving the other day, driving and thinking. Thoughts would jump at the opportunity to flow freely, as usual when unguarded.

Best moments get disturbed by time. Time that is up makes you down. It never stops but stops you. Remember grown-ups coming in when you were having the best time ever? When you were engaged in something spectacular with or without those other kids? You needed to stop and get back to the boredom you had been successfully relieving by your doings.

The other day, I was engaged in what I can only call a perfect conversation, an ultimate adult game. Sedative voice, leisurely pace. And the dearest eyes close enough to sink in them beyond rescue. Suddenly, it was the time to go. Go back. But was it “back”? Only if where I was is “forth”. And it sure is.

Time was up… getting me down again. I remember my childhood thoughts when I was disturbed and made to stop playing. These have remained the same, as core things do: “One day it will all change. One day I won’t have to go.”

It will. I won’t. You’ll see.

No comments:

I-WITNESS:

FINAL WORD


Truth is a matter of the imagination.

U.K.L.
Powered By Blogger